Saturday, June 22, 2013

Hanging on his every word

Our Daily Bread
Have you ever been so enthralled by someone that you hang on his or her every word?  You want to hear every word and savor it because of what they are saying or how passionately they are saying it. It is a rare occasion.  Time seems to stand still.  Nothing else matters.  Much like when you read my blog entries!  Ha!  Just kidding!

How often do we think about how our earth is hanging in space solely by the power of God's words?  He set our planet in perfect orbit, a phenomenon we don't completely understand.  Job realized some of these things when contemplating his state of affairs and his God.  We read about it over and over in the Bible.

How often do we think about it?  I try.  I really try especially when things in my life seem impossible.  When I don't feel like I can stand another night in an undesirable situation.  We all have our "situations".  I pray that we all think of the God whose words put the planets in orbit really can work in our lives.  ALL things work to the good of those that love God!

Lord, we often forget the miracle of our existence.  Please help us always be thankful and full of your praise regardless of our circumstances!

Simply Saturday
The Look of Love
I have been thinking about love a lot lately.  No, I haven't met someone new and wonderful to have a romantic relationship.  I am talking about everyday-lovin'-folks kind of love.  It all started a few weeks ago when I had an odd incident with a friend.  I found myself reacting with this feeling of love and concern that seemed to glow from my heart through the rest of my body out through my eyes and face.  I don't remember that happening very often in my life.

Then God reminded me of some times when others gave me that look.  I hadn't thought about it that way.  One friend, who I manged to anger into not speaking to me any longer, gave the look a few times over the years of our friendship.  I long to hear the words from him "To the extent that you need to be forgiven, you are forgiven.".  I remember the look from my grandparents many, many times.  I remember the look from young people when I taught church camp.

So why am I writing about this?  This is my new goal.  To have the heart of love that only God can give.  To let that love flow out from my heart through my eyes, hands and mouth.  Giving the look of love to everyone because everyone needs that.  Giving the loving words that each of us needs to hear.  Giving of my time and talents to serve others.

I still have no clue how to do this sometimes.  That is the challenge.  Every day in every way.  Do the best I can.  That is my new goal.

**************************
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. - 2 Thessalonians 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment