Friday, June 7, 2013

Filling

Our Daily Bread
You may have seen the silly commercial: A shark approaches a swimmer lounging in a inner tube.  From the shark's point of view, the swimmer looks like a Hostess chocolate cupcake.  After he takes a big bite, he disppointedly asks "Where's the creamy filling?"  ha!

I figuratively look at what's inside me at times, like when I read the devotional this morning.  Instead of looking for a "creamy filling", I am looking for a filling of God's Word and the Holy Spirit!  A heart and life filled with these things can't help but to spill over into the way we treat people and sharing God's love! 

Lord, thank you for changing us for the better when we let you permeate our insides!

Foodie Friday
Review: Black Creek Bistro
I had a meeting at AWOL on Tuesday, so I decided to get there early so I could have an appetizer at the Black Creek Bistro.  I couldn't help myself when I saw the specials for the evening.  I had to have supper!  The chicken dish was a stuffed chicken breast atop a pool of spicy tomato sauce.  What a great taste combination!  The spicy potatoes were great.  Even the squash had a nice taste, though I wish I would have eaten that first before I had all the spices..

AND, for dessert, they had a chocolate-cayenne creme brulee!  Wow!  I will definitely go back soon!

**********************************
We are far from perfect, but despite our mistakes and our sins, we will never abandon the Lord and he will never abandon us - adapted from a statement about Abraham from the EfM Training Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment