Saturday, June 8, 2013

All the same

Our Daily Bread
You never know what to believe when you older.  By older I mean like ten years old!  ha!  I remember my family telling me that my belly button was where God poked me to see if I was "done"!  ha!  One thing that I always remembered from my early days in Sunday School -- God created us all for a purpose!

Yes, we are all created by God.  Each person created for a specific reason and purpose.  It is up to us to determine that purpose!  I know I often wonder what mine is!

I pray that each of us find our purpose under God and live it out to our fullest!

Simply Saturday
Finding balance
As I mentioned on Tuesday, I started reading a new book about "enough".  I have been thinking about balance this week.  Specifically, I mean having balance in my life when it comes to doing stuff for others and doing stuff for myself.  Here are some examples.

Movies:  Some friends wonder why I go to the movies so much.  I am not "justifying" my choice, just saying how I feel here.  I rarely watch TV.  I don't go out much.  Movies are my relaxation.  I can see a movie by myself or with others.  I intend to spend more time in prayer and Bible study each week than watching movies.  I don't always accomplish this goal.  ;-(

Exercise: I like to exercise, especially since I wasn't allowed to exercise for almost four years due to health issues.  I find exercising relaxes me (though I get more tired than energetic afterwards).  I also find the health benefits very good for me.  I will continue balancing too much with enough...

Doing things for others: This is my biggest struggle right now.  I know how to do stuff.  I can make time to do things for others.  I have a tendency to do too much for others and not meet my own needs.  I am praying about this to find balance.  There are so many needs.  I know one person can't fill them all.  I need to figure out what is "enough".

As I write this, I realize how much I need to finish this book.  I need/want to change my life from a "all in" type of bet to a "long-term" relationship type of approach.  Being "all in" often leaves me burnt out and feeling alone.  The long-term approach is healthier and reduces the chance of burn out.

What are you feeling?  What is enough?  What is God saying to you? I pray you listen and continue your walk.

****************************
You are a success in God’s kingdom if you are faithful where He has placed you. - Our Daily Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment