Wednesday, June 26, 2013

worst day ev-er...

Our Daily Bread
I think we all have friends that seem to think that every day is the "worst day evvvv-errrr!".  We sort of roll our eyes and brace ourselves to hear the whole sordid tale.  As we think about it for a few minutes, we remember how many times they listened to us when we said the exact same thing!  It is good to have close friends!

The story today is an amazing one about how a woman was spared from the effects of the horrible Joplin tornado when her husband shielded her from the flying debris.  The husband didn't survive.  In questioning the event, she realized that she was shown an amazing love by that man.  He gave himself for her.

Jesus gave himself for us.  We can't always understand it.  We can't always accept it.  God understands when we question things and how he works.  He made us.  He understands we are just human.  Through questioning, like the questioning of Job during his trials, we learn the majesty and awesome power of God.  We learn to trust and love him more.

During some of my recent trials, I started saying a mantra when my thoughts strayed into an undesirable state -- "Lord Jesus Christ, I love you. I trust  you.  I thank you.  I praise you."  Repeat as necessary.  This mantra is not for God's sake.  It is for my sake to trust God's plan and the way he works.  To love God in every situation.  To thank God to be worthy to be tempted and tried.  To praise God for strength and victory.  You can use mine or come up with one of your own!

Lord, like I have said so many times the past few days: I love you, I trust you.  I thank you.  I praise you.  To you be the glory!

Wellness Wednesday
9 UNHEALTHY FOODS YOU THINK ARE HEALTHY

1. Multigrain and Wheat Breads
2. Energy Bars
3. Dried fruit
4. Reduced-Fat Peanut Butter
5. Smoothies
6. Packaged turkey
7. Veggie chips
8. Salads
9. Frozen yogurt

Check out the full article here for details!

*****************************
We are far from perfect, but despite our mistakes and our sins, we will never abandon the Lord and he will never abandon us - adapted from a statement about Abraham from the EfM Training Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment