Thursday, June 13, 2013

Not for me

Our Daily Bread
I was fortunate enough to go to Hawaii in 2009.  I took a special side trip to the Big Island to see the Volcano National Park.  While driving around the island on the tour bus, folks kept ooooing and ahhhing at the remote resorts we saw.  One of them asked me if I would like to spend a few weeks at one to which I said "If it doesn't have fast Internet access, then I am not interested!"  ha!

I can relate to the author's experience of being without his Internet access.  Please understand that with electricity and fast Internet access, I can work from any where.  The two are my lifelines to work (and the rest of the world).  Like the devotional, I see the analogy to my spiritual life.  The electricity is the power I receive from the Holy Spirit.  Plain and simple to me.  The main difference between electricity and the Holy Spirit is that you never have an outage of the Holy Spirit!  ha!  The Internet connection represents my connection to God and all He has for me (for us). Pretty amazing!

Lord, thank you for connecting with us if we let you and for giving us power through your Holy Spirit!

Technology Thursday
Apple had some big announcements on Monday at their WWDC (World Wide Developer Conference) in California.  Here is a summary of their announcements:

iOS7:  It was time for a new vision for iOS.  I think they did a great job simplifying it and cleaning up the interface.  It should be a joy to use.  We will see when it is released this Fall.  It is also supposed to use less battery and memory and handle multi-tasking better than previous iOS versions.

iRadio:  They are releasing a new streaming radio service called iRadio.  We will see how it competes with the market leaders Slacker and Pandora.

New Hardware: No, not the hardware I wanted!  The new MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and Mac Pro.  The story is the same: more for the same amount of money.  Faster processors and more memory with better battery life.  I would love a MacBook Air, but I am too frugal!

I really want an iPad Mini.  I am thinking about getting a refurbished first generation one, then buying a new one when the second or third generation one comes out.  I have the money saved up.  I will think about this some more...

*************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment