Monday, June 10, 2013

Pick yourself up

Our Daily Bread
I remembered a song from my childhood while reading the devotional (yes, another song), so I Googled it.  The song is "Pick yourself up" most notably by Frank Sinatra.  Interpreted VERY loosely, you can get a religious message out of the song! 

The devotional takes the "pick yourself up" approach in a little different direction in the quote from C.S. Lewis "but always to pick yourself up again and ask forgiveness.”  Keep on!  Did you hear that, Duanebear?  Keep on!  Did you hear that my friends?  Keep on!  As usual, I needed to hear this message today.  Thank God for the timeliness.  I hope it means as much to you!  Keep on!

Lord, thank you for encouragement and forgiveness.  Please help us keep on for you!

Movie Monday
There weren't any new movies that I wanted to see last week, so I watched some in my home theater -- Stealth and Riddick.

Stealth
I streamed Stealth over the Crackle free service.  It has commercials every fifteen minutes or so, but the movies are free.  They don't have a great selection, but there were some good ones out there.  Stealth is one that I didn't see at the movies.  It is about three stealth fighter pilots that deal with an unmanned plane.  I found it very cool.  See it if you can.

Riddick
I admit it.  I only watched this movie because Vin Diesel is in it!  They are finally releasing the third movie in this trilogy later this year.  I wanted to remember all the details.  The first movie was Pitch Black.  This movie had lots of action and interesting characters.  Vin is super in this action role and saves the day!

**********************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment