Saturday, June 15, 2013

Skillz

Our Daily Bread
Popular culture brings all kinds of slang terms and sayings.  One is used to describe someone that is good at something: "He's got skillz!"  Notice the "z" on the end of skills!  ha!

God gave each of us some "skillz" in the form of gifts and talents.  Finding what those are and how we are to use them to build and support the Christian community.  Some can teach.  Some can sing  Some can preach. Some are incredible at serving others day in and day out.  What is your gift or talent?  How are you using what God gave you?

Lord, thank you for the talents and gifts you give each of us.  Please help us find our place serving you!

Simply Saturday
For Good
I took my mother to see the Broadway show Wicked last night.  She had never seen it before and really enjoyed it.  I saw it for the first time in 2005 and then again in 2007.  The last big song "For Good" always brings me to tears.  I think of all the people that have come and gone in my life.  Sometimes things are said and not forgotten.  Sometimes stuff just happens and we change.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the folks that I know and have known.  May their lives be changed for "good" and "for good" by getting to know me.

******************************
I pray the weight of my sins doth not crush me back to dust from where I came. I pray that God create in me a new, clean heart and place a right spirit within me. Restore to me the joy of my salvation. Praise the Almighty God from whom all blessings flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment