Sunday, May 19, 2013

And?

Our Daily Bread
There is a silly Coke Zero commercial where the main character is not satisfied with each encounter.  He always asks "And?" to see what else he can get out of the deal.  That is until he drinks Coke Zero, a product that offers great taste AND zero calories.

I sometimes read the New Testament and ask that same question of God "And?"  I am not asking because I am not satisfied with my encounters with God.  I am asking because I feel like there HAS to be more to the story of the day, the coming of the Holy Spirit, than what happened two thousand years ago!  What should be happening now?  We know all things are possible through God.  What should be happening today?  And?  Let us all pray for a true revival, another coming of the Holy Spirit in our churches and in our lives.

Lord, Thank you so much for the gift of the Holy Spirit.  We know the power it has given us in our lives. We pray for an outpouring of your Spirit in our world today!

Psalm Sunday
Let's look at Psalm 95 today.  It is one of my favorites -- a sing-to-the-Lord praise psalm!  There is also a warning about hardening your hearts at the end!

Psalm 95

1 Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord;
    let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving
    and extol him with music and song.
3 For the Lord is the great God,
    the great King above all gods.
4 In his hand are the depths of the earth,
    and the mountain peaks belong to him.
5 The sea is his, for he made it,
    and his hands formed the dry land.
6 Come, let us bow down in worship,
    let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;
7 for he is our God
    and we are the people of his pasture,
    the flock under his care.
Today, if only you would hear his voice,
8 “Do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah,
    as you did that day at Massah in the wilderness,
9 where your ancestors tested me;
    they tried me, though they had seen what I did.
10 For forty years I was angry with that generation;
    I said, ‘They are a people whose hearts go astray,
    and they have not known my ways.’
11 So I declared on oath in my anger,
    ‘They shall never enter my rest.’”

*********************************
We too can know this God and be assured of His presence. He has revealed Himself in His creation and in His Word. As we ask Him to make Himself known to us, we’ll learn that He is even more than the owner and creator of everything! - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment