Friday, May 10, 2013

Go, go, go!

Our Daily Bread
Yes, I realize that my Facebook postings about "Do something" or "Go, go, go" may annoy folks sometimes.  I have been told that the feel bad when they read that because they don't feel like they can measure up to my activity level.  DOH!  This follows along with the devotion today!

So many folks think that the Word of God is something we were given to make us feel bad because we can never be good enough or perfect enough to please God.  They feel bad because they can't measure up to God's standard.  They don't try because they feel like "What's the point?"  I think we all feel that way sometimes!  The point, IMHO, is that we please God when we try as hard as we can to love and serve him. That is what he asks of us -- to give our all.  He does not ask us to be perfect.

I know how I feel when a friend tells me how motivational my posts are.  I imagine that God feels proud and happy with us when we tell him how motivational his Word is and his love is in our lives!  Go, go, go!

Lord, thank you for cheering us on in our walks with you!  Please help us to do our best to love and serve you!

Foodie Friday
Here's a healthy summer recipe -- Chicken pita sandwich.  I plan to make this with lower carb whole wheat pitas.  Great for summer!

Chicken Pita Sandwich
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 serving (2 stuffed pita halves)

Ingredients
1 cup baby spinach
4 ounces cooked skinless, boneless chicken
1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
2 tablespoons low-fat Italian vinaigrette (or other flavors as you like)
1 (6-inch) whole-grain pita, cut in half

Preparation
1. Combine spinach, chicken, bell pepper, and vinaigrette in a bowl; toss gently.
2. Serve in pita halves.

******************************
We too can know this God and be assured of His presence. He has revealed Himself in His creation and in His Word. As we ask Him to make Himself known to us, we’ll learn that He is even more than the owner and creator of everything! - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment