Monday, May 13, 2013

We sometimes forget

Our Daily Bread
I was in a big box electronics store with a friend.  We were walking around talking and looking a stuff. If you can believe it, I was teasing him about something and making a fool of myself.  We both realized at the same time that I was on camera.  My silliness was broadcast over thirty TV sets for all to see!   Yikes!

I guess I should say that "I sometimes forget".  You know how it is.  We get so caught in this situation or that situation in our lives and we just forget that God is working.  Just like the electronics store, we don't realize he is watching us.  We don't remember he has our  best interests at mind when he asks us to wait for the answers to our prayers. 

Just because God knows everything, it doesn't mean we shouldn't talk to him about it.  I had a heart to heart with God last night driving home from Wooster.  I talked.  I listened.  I don't know the answer just yet.  I will continue to listen and wait and listen.  The talked lifted a burden from my heart that God already knew about.  He also knew that I needed to talk about it and let it go.  Talk to him today!

God, thank you for your gentle reminders of your presence and your workings in our lives!  Praise God!

Movie Monday
I won some free passes to see The Great Gatsby last week.  I would probably call it the "average" Gatsby, however, there were parts of it that were "great"!  First, the overall visual design of the movie was outstanding!  The recreation of 1920s NYC, the opulence of the Gatsby mansion, and the party scenes were amazing!  The narration of the story that was so incredibly written really brought out the quality of the writing.  The acting in general was good, with Leo DiCaprio giving a great performance of Gatsby.  It is probably the best performance I have seen from him. 

I give this movie two bear paws.  See it on the big screen if you see it.  Don't be too upset if you don't see it at all.  You can read the book...

****************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment