Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Moderation

Our Daily Bread
I have never been that good at moderation.  I usually go full guns at something until I get tired of it and then move on.  I also have a tendency to get too busy and not be the person I should be because I get too tired or frustrated.  Moderation.

The devotional talks about moderation as well.  Finding moderation in our lives so that we don't let anything come between us and God.  It is easy to play tennis too much, or sing too much, or exercise too much or work too much or whatever you like to do best.  None of these things are necessarily bad in themselves.  Whenever anything comes between us and doing what we need to do for God, then it is a major problem!

Does anything come to mind for you?

Lord, thank you for giving us abilities and guidance on how to use them for you.  Please let us do things in moderation so we can keep nothing between us!

Teaching Tuesday
Teachable
I haven't started my first summer book yet, but I have something today.  An important lesson I have learned and am still learning is to be teachable.  Did you go to school with someone that just didn't want to be taught anything by anyone?  He or she thought they knew it all?  After studying God's Word for the better part of a lifetime, Christians can be like that.  We think we know all we need to know about the Bible and our God.  Silly humans!

Please consider praying before each time you read the Bible "Lord, please open my eyes and heart to your Word".  Please consider praying during your daily prayers "Lord, please teach me your ways.  I am listening."  Being teachable is the first step.,

******************************************
Trusting God’s faithfulness dispels our fearfulness. - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment