Tuesday, May 21, 2013

No! Never alone

Our Daily Bread
My family used to travel in a station wagon.  Yes, the family vehicle of choice before the minivan was invented!  On one trip, we made a hasty bathroom break and filled up the car with gas.  A few minutes after we got back on the road, I looked around and asked "Where's Karen?".  In our rush, we forgot one of my sisters at the gas station!  We rushed back to find my sister sitting patiently for our return.  She knew we would come back for her!

As Christians, we can sometimes react very differently than my sister that day.  When we feel abandoned by God, we go into depression or complain or even curse God.  We see stories of this over and over in the Bible.  The fact that God's Word reveals over and over is this: God is faithful.  He never abandons us.  We are never alone.  NEVER!

As the hymn says (or at least the way we used to sing it): NO! Never a-lone.  NO! Never alone!  (lots of emphasis on the NO!)  ha!

Lord, thank you for always being with us, even when we have moved away from you!

Teaching Tuesday
I completed the first year of EFM (Education for Ministry) last week.  I plan to do some readings this summer, starting in June.  I am taking two weeks off to clear my mind and prepare for the lessons God has for me next.  I have several books that I want to read.  I will list them as I figure out where God leads me.

The first book is "A life of being, having and doing enough" by Wayne Muller.  I think the others will be some CS Lewis classics that I haven't read.

More to come!

******************************
Trusting God’s faithfulness dispels our fearfulness. - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment