Monday, May 20, 2013

Roots

Our Daily Bread
I remember being amazed at trees that grew by the river.  The trees had large, deep roots that were very, very difficult to move or uproot.  It took a long time to make the link to my Christian life!

The devotional does a great job of explaining being "rooted" in God's unchanging grace.  This grace not only gives us confidence in our eternal life with God, but it also gives us the strong roots we need to walk in this life with our Heavenly Father.  Being rooted in his grace means so many things when I think about it.  Knowing out place in the world.  Knowing what we are to do, even when our lives can see murky when we try to look ahead.  As the song says "We shall not be moved"! 

Lord, thank you for helping us be strongly rooted in your grace and love!  Please help us show others!

Movie Monday
I got to see two movies this week: Star Trek: Into Darkness and Mud.  Two very different movies!

Star Trek: Into Darkness
I have been anticipating this movie ever since they started showing trailers for it last year!  I like the new crew a lot.  They seem to fit together very well!  The story line was classic -- pulled from one of the best Star Trek movies ever.  That is all I am going to say so I don't spoil it for you!  The special effects were fantastic.  There were very few "what did I just see and why did I just see it" moments.  I really liked it.

I give this movie three bear paws.  See it on the big screen!

Mud
This movie was highly touted by the critics as another "Stand by Me" or coming of age movie.  It is a story of two boys that find a boat tangled above the ground in a tree.  They claim the boat as their own and vow to get it down from the tree.  Their plans seem clear until they discover a man  living in the boat.  The story line gets deeper and darker from there.  The themes intertwine with their own lives.  It is definitely worth watching.  Matthew McConaughey gives the performance of his career as the man living in the boat. 

I give this movie two bear paws.  Watch this one on Netflix sometime.

*********************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment