Thursday, May 23, 2013

Hey, little lamb

Our Daily Bread
"Hey, little lamb, did you mean to stray?  Or did you slowly wander til you lost your way?" is the beginning of a contemporary Christian song I remember from my college days.  Some close friends and I would sing it to each other if we felt like an intervention was needed!  We all have those times in our lives and are fortunate if we have friends who will intervene.

I love the imagery of the devotional.  It was a mix of the 23rd Psalm and my "shepherd" friends from college for me.  The additional imagery of Jesus being our ultimate shepherd and herding us back on the path that is best for us via the Holy Spirit was very special indeed! 

If you read my "no big thoughts" entry last Saturday, I didn't say I was wandering.  It is more like "sitting still, not sure where to move next".  This devotional encourages me as God continues to give me big thoughts and answer prayers.  He answered one this week.  Praise God!  I have faith that more big thoughts are on the way!  Faith abounds.  What mountain are we going to move today?

Lord, thank you for being out good shepherd.  Please help us be willing to follow our watchful leader!

Technology Thursday
Raspberry Pi update
I wrote about my least expensive geek out purchase a few months ago.  It is the Raspberry Pi computer.  Incredibly small and powerful for it size.  It is a full-functioning computer with HD graphics with an HDMI output, two USB ports (I used a wireless adapter that connects both a mouse and keyboard), a SD card slot (used as the hard drive), and an Ethernet port for networking.  You can also purchase a wireless network USB adapter for the networking.

My nephew and I fired this puppy up (that is geek language for plugged it in) and gave it a try.  It is not a fast computer compared to a desktop or a laptop, but it is speedy considering the size of the unit.  It is the size of a pack of cigarettes!  The graphics were very good.  Browsing the web wasn't bad, though the included web browsers don't support a lot of Internet standards. 

I have a buddy that uses this device to power a web cam for one of his pets!  The number of practical uses is very impressive for the size and cost.  Geeking out is rarely this fun and inexpensive!

********************************
We are far from perfect, but despite our mistakes and our sins, we will never abandon the Lord and he will never abandon us - adapted from a statement about Abraham from the EfM Training Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment