Wednesday, May 8, 2013

In tune

Our Daily Bread
I grew up in a family that camped a lot.  A LOT....  Most of our family vacations were camping somewhere in Ohio or Kentucky where there are many beautiful state parks.  By the time I was 15 or so, I was very tired of it!  I was tired of being "in tune" with nature as my dad used to say!

I look at my life now and I still don't like camping!  I try to find ways to be "in tune" with God regardless of where I am -- at work, in the car, playing tennis, at church, etc.  God is everywhere.  We can marvel at the wonders of his creation in nature and in human beings!  What an amazing God!

I also find that marveling at God's creations assures me of his working in my life.  Each time I think I have an insurmountable problem, I am gently reminded of all the wonders around me and the wonders God has performed my life.  What an amazing God!

Lord, thank you for working in our lives!  Please help us be aware of your doings and praise you!

Wellness Wednesday
Five reasons to exercise in the morning
I found an interesting article about five reasons we should exercise in the morning.  See if they apply to you.  Here is the article.
  1. It Staves Off Cravings
  2. It Frees Up Your Day
  3. It Helps You Stick To It
  4. It Ups Your Energy
  5. It Jump Starts Your Brain
I should note that even 5 - 10 minutes of calisthenics can give you many of these benefits. It doesn't have to be a full-blown workout!  I find that I am much more disciplined about exercising when I exercise first thing in the morning.  I admit that I get tired some days towards the end of the afternoon or before a busy evening.  This passes.  Give it a try!
********************************
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit - Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment