Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Storm watch

Our Daily Bread
I grew up in a family of farmers.  They were constantly monitoring the weather so they could plan their outdoor work.  Since I am a computer guy, I joked that I had to do what I had to do in good weather or bad!  Just give me some electricity and an Internet connection!  ha!

Many of us "weather watch" as part of our Christian lives.  We only seem to call on Jesus to "wake him up" as it stated in the devotional.  The disciples woke Jesus when the storm arose on the seas to save them from the storm.  Too often we only wake Jesus to save us.  We rarely wake him to thank him or praise him!  Praise God that he is always with us!

Lord, thank you for always being with us in good weather and bad!

Wellness Wednesday
Summer coffee drinks
As a person that goes to Starbucks a few times per week, I don't drink the iced coffee drinks.  I usually get my cafe mocha with skim milk and no whipped cream (boring!).  ha!  That reduces the number of calories of my morning treat to about 280 for a venti.  Not too bad.  There are other iced coffee drinks there check in at 500 - 700 calories!  Yikes!  Some have more sugar than two or three candy bars combined! 

Read this article to get some healthier options for your iced coffee cravings this summer.  Enjoy!

******************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment