Monday, May 6, 2013

Reeaaadddyyyyy.....

Our Daily Bread
While watching the Winter Olympics one year, some friends and I were fascinated by the starter for the speed skating.  He said the word "Reeeaadddyyyy" exactly the same way before he fired the starting gun.  It was so unique we laughed and laughed about it.  Months later, I was flipping channels and heard that familiar starting word "Reeeaaadddyyyyy".  I couldn't help but laugh!

I mention this story because it came to mind when I read the devotional about preparation.  I like the story because it reminds me to be consistent about readiness.  Most of my friends know that I am a planner, though I have been better about being spontaneous.  I call being spontaneous only having a day or two to play!  ha!  There is nothing wrong with planning your readiness for serving God.  Be flexible when God asks you to be flexible.  Hold firm when God tells you to hold firm!

Lord, thank you for leading us in our preparations to serve you better!

Movie Monday
I got to see Iron Man 3 on Friday.  I really liked it!  It had a great story line, the special effects were very good, but not overwhelming, and it several twists and turns that made it interesting.  My only complaint is that is sort of wrapped up in like two minutes after the final fight scene.  That was a little odd to me.  The acting was appropriate for this type of movie (no Academy Award nominees here..).  See it on the big screen, but wait a week or two for the crowds to die down.  I saw it at the 4:15 show at Arena Grand.  It was't very busy at that time.

I give this three bear paws!  See at the theater!
*****************************
You are a success in God’s kingdom if you are faithful where He has placed you. - Our Daily Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment