Saturday, May 25, 2013

A storms a-comin'

Our Daily Bread
I am not quite to the age yet, but I remember her predicting the weather with the way her body felt.  When Grandma was moving slowly or seemed in pain, we joked "A storms a-comin'!"  I think those days will arrive for me sooner than I want!

The devotional is about not only surviving the storms, but using them to your advantage.  The example was the people of Axum who used the high winds of monsoon season to speed their boats across the sea.  I love that analogy of that vision -- using the conditions of the storm to move forward.

Frankly, I have had so many storms in my life, that I am half way decent at this ,with God's help of course.  My problem is the day-to-day doldrums of every day life.  Being consistent with things in my life like eating right, exercising, and treating people the right way.  I finally figured out that I need to apply the things I learned in the storms to my every day life.  DOH!  Praise God!d

Lord, thank you for the storms in our lives.  Please help us apply what we learn to the sunny times!

Simply Saturday
Prayers answered Part 1
I wrote about "no big thoughts" last week.  I was in a holding pattern waiting sort of patiently for God to lead me in some areas of my life.  This should not be a surprise, but he did!  I had several answered prayers.  Some things are clearer now.  I am still patiently waiting for some answers for other questions.  Why am I sharing this?

I know I don't have enough faith and trust.  How about you?  We sometimes question God and then sit with our arms crossed like little children pouting until we get an answer.  Well, at least I do that sometimes!  ha!  We lack trust that God will answer.  We lack faith and trust that God knows what is best for us.  He will lead us if we listen.

I messaged a friend this week that the Holy Spirit finally got through to me this week.  My faith was misdirected.  I would pray and then say "OK, God, I told you WHAT I want and WHEN I want it.  Get to it!"  YIkes!  After reviewing some psalms and the end of the Book of Job.  I was embarrassed about that and apologized to God.  I asked for forgiveness once again.

I pray for you that you will get some tidbit of spiritual insight for your life.  Have faith.  Trust in God.  Praise God!a

******************************
Excavating your heart will unearth the beautiful things God has planted in you. - R. Howerton

No comments:

Post a Comment