Saturday, May 30, 2015

Ain't natural

My Utmost for His Highest  [link]
I jokingly call the passage in Luke 9 the "but" passage. I will follow you, Lord, but  LOL Or maybe like a character in The Vicar of Dibley when God asks us to do something "yes, yes, yes, yes,..... No!"  

Seriously, the devotional today has some interesting insight into human nature -- specifically the nature of humans trying to follow God.  So many of the things that God asks us to do aren't natural for us. We make excuses. We also spend hours and hours of practice on things that may not make any eternal difference to hone our skills, like tennis, golf, whatever. Shouldn't we consider spending hours and hours honing our skills of following Christ? 

I know I do.

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns 

No comments:

Post a Comment