Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Truly seek

Our Daily Bread
I have been sharing the book of Proverbs on Sundays the past few weeks.  Some of the verses are awfully scary! We all know that wisdom is a good thing. We all shy away from seeking it!

We think that if we truly seek wisdom that we will learn more than what we want. We will learn that we have to change. We will learn that we are not as wise as we think we are! Pride not only come before the fall, but it also impedes the learning and implementing of wisdom in our lives. Knowing and doing are two very different things!

Let's focus on learning AND doing the wise things that God teaches us if we open our hearts and minds!

Wellness Wednesday
So I have been kidding myself. While I have been very transparent about my life on this blog, I haven't really written down or "journaled" my inmost thoughts and motivations for my own personal review and assessment.  I didn't realize this fully until a lunch conversation with a close friend yesterday afternoon.  While describing some things going on with me, she suggested the journaling idea. I immediately said I do that in my blog.

I guess I will start a journal. Guys call it a journal. Females call it a diary.  LOL  "Dear Journal" sounds so much more masculine!  Oh, boy, I crack myself up sometimes.

I will let you know how this exercise goes as I explore some things that I would rather stay hidden. I use the metaphor of the messiest room in your house.  You know you need to do something about it, but usually prefer to not go in there!



**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns 

No comments:

Post a Comment