Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Blue skies, shining at me....

Our Daily Bread
I love the song Blue Skies by Irving Berlin.  It reminds me of good times with good friends at camp, on trips and on summer holidays.

Life isn't always blue skies for us. The joy of being a follower of Christ is knowing that we can still sing even when the skies aren't blue. We know that Christ is before us, with us, in us and behind us (familiar prayer from church!). Even when we can't lift our eyes to the heavens, God is with us.  Praise God!

Teaching Tuesday
So what is your learning plan for this summer?  LOL Yes, I realize that I plan WAY too much sometimes! For me, much of the summer will be working on my PMP (Project management professional) PDUs. Even though I renewed in 2014, I waited until the last few months to earn the PDUs I needed. That is unusual for me! I found a really good deal on some online training, so I will take advantage of it!

I also have a book called Mindless Eating arriving this week. I need to read it and implement the strategies in it so I can lose the weight I need to lose.  I carried a heavy backpack for a little ways the other day and thought "Gosh, this extra weight is wearing me out". I then realized that I was carrying WAY more extra weight than that on my body!  Yikes!

What is your learning plan for this summer? Your life in general? Think about that this week.

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns 

No comments:

Post a Comment