Friday, May 29, 2015

Not a negotiation

Our Daily Bread
Do you remember times from your youth when it seemed like you were completely powerless and had absolutely no say in what you did or where you went? We were too young to argue like we did when we were teenagers. Our only recourse was to ask over and over "Are we there yet?"  Ha!

We are adults now. I find in my life that I sometimes act like that with God. I have an annoying mixture of stubbornness, argumentative spirit, and "Are we there yet?" impatience. I am so thankful for God's patience with me!

Take a look at your own life. Are we accepting God's leading? Are we acting out? Do we need to put our hands over our mouths and just be quiet? May the Lord be with us!

Foodie Friday
I found a few more "summery" kind of recipes this week.  I have not tried them yet.

Farro Salad with Arugula and Feta

Bacon wrapped brats

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns 

No comments:

Post a Comment