Monday, May 11, 2015

Too far gone

Our Daily Bread
I see a lot of movies. There are lots of stories of "I am too far gone... save yourself". Sometimes the character is right. Sometimes they are also saved at the end of the movie!

So many of us think that we are too far gone. Some of us think that some folks we know are too far gone. We can never doubt the power of God's saving grace. The power of Jesus' resurrection provides for saving grace for each person who seeks it. Seek and you will find -- you are never out of reach from God's love and mercy!

Movie Monday
The only interesting movie that fit into my schedule this weekend was a 3:40 showing of Ex Machina at Studio Movie Grill on Friday night. I saw the movie while I waited for my buddy Timmy to arrive from Cincy.

Ex Machina
This movie about an AI (artificial intelligence) experiment. An "Elon Musk" kind of guy created an AI robot that is very, very close to passing for human. He selects one of his companies' brightest programmers to perform the Turing Test on the AI component of the robot. It was very interesting if you like this kind of movie. I was very pleased that I sort of understood the technical AI talk in the movie considering I took an AI class in grad school!  LOL

I give this one two bear paws. Not for the easily bored or technically unsavvy. It would be an interesting Netflix rental.

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns 

No comments:

Post a Comment