Tuesday, May 12, 2015

BE the person

Our Daily Bread
I met a new person online recently who complained about not meeting the right kind of people online. I let him vent and tried to encourage him. I am waiting for the right time to say this: we need to BE the kind of person we want to meet!  Wow...

Haven't we all met the kind of person we long to be? The kind of person who selflessly serves others. They always seem to have the needs of others on their radars.  Wow... I know I am not like that. I mean, am I not the center of the universe? LOL  We all know that God is the center of this universe and maybe many more. That is something to think about the next time we question our faith -- the God of this universe wants to have a relationship with us!

Teaching Tuesday
Our last EFM class for the year focused on a TR (Theological reflection) and having a social with too much food! The TR was on a hymn from our contemporary hymnal.  It was a very interesting discussion and a good ending to the year. One of our mentors published the collects we wrote into little booklets for us. Very cool.

What lies ahead for next year? The overall theme will be something like living a mature faith. Sounds exciting for my fourth year!

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns 

No comments:

Post a Comment