Friday, May 1, 2015

Wrecking ball

Our Daily Bread
Miley Cyrus made waves in the media with the video to her song Wrecking Ball. Not only was the song sort of "out there", she swung from a wrecking ball naked!  Yikes!

While I keep my clothes in the process, I realize I can be like a wrecking ball sometimes. Instead of being that humble and patient person that Christ calls us to be, I make a pile of rubble out of my working relationships at times. This week was a good (bad) example of that behavior. I think I am over it now, but I am not sure what happened. I am praying about it and trying to mend some broken fences. Whew...

Let us all be humble and patient. We will eventually need someone to be that way with us!

Foodie Friday
I found some chicken and mozzarella ravioli at Costco last week that looked amazing...and they were on special!  Woohoooo!  I didn't want a heavy sauce -- white or red -- so I took to the Internet to find a low-fat Alfredo recipe. Here it is!  I plan to use skim milk and cook the sauce down to thicken it up.

Reduced fat Alfredo sauce
INGREDIENTS Nutrition

SERVINGS 4

1 cup 1% low-fat milk (skim may be used, but creates a thinner sauce)
1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 dash pepper

DIRECTIONS

The key here is patience, add all ingredients gradually!
Melt butter in sauce pan on stove top with medium heat.
Gradually whisk in flour.
This will create a yellow paste.
Gradually add milk, whisking until incorporated and no lumps are present.
Continue to whisk until hot.
Usually 3-5 minutes.
The longer you cook the base (without the cheese) the thicker the sauce will be.
Add parmesan slowly, again whisking until incorporated.
Add crushed garlic and pepper.
Cook for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Remove from heat.

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns 

No comments:

Post a Comment