Wednesday, May 6, 2015

What is suffering?

Our Daily Bread
I read about my great niece having a tripping accident in her room this morning. She banged up her face a little bit. Ouch! I commented that I hope she didn't get that from her great-uncle Duane! I am a clumsy old bear at times! 

It brought to mind the discussion about suffering. Would the self-inflicted wounds like tripping and falling or a freak accident where a vine pulled your finger under the mower deck be called "suffering"? Is standing up to antiquated beliefs by some Christians causing them to suffer or be persecuted?  One person's suffering is another person's "Boy, I had it easy today!"  LOL  I still believe that God doesn't allow things to happen to us that we just can't bear. So many times it seems like it as we walk through this earthly life. Some friends have been dealing with health issues of family and close friends. Yes, we all have our burdens to bear. The key is to remember that God is with us -- even when it feels like he isn't!

Wellness Wednesday
Being a technology and gadget geek, I found this article interesting. Now if I can just make myself us them....

The 10 Best Apps for Your Fitness Journey

Apparently this is my latest fitness strategy...



**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns 

No comments:

Post a Comment