Friday, May 15, 2015

What's the magic word?

Our Daily Bread
Do you remember hearing this question when you were a child? "What's the magic word?" Our parents and grandparents were talking about the word "please", of course! Then the follow up question after we received what we asked for "What do you say?" Correct answer: thank you!

As we grew up, there weren't too many folks around to ask us those questions or to remind us. The Bible reminds us, however, to say thank you to our Heavenly Father. Not just when we get what we want, but when we get what we need and when we don't get what we don't need!  LOL  I remember asking for some things, even in the last eight years, that I am sooooooooooooooo veerrrryyyy thankful now that I did not receive!  Whew!

Be ye thankful. It is pretty simple. We often forget.

Foodie Friday
My friends and family who know my eating habits will be very surprised I tried this recipe. I kept thinking of the meatball/mini smokey recipe with chili sauce and grape jelly. Check this out. I made it Wednesday. It is very tasty.  Be sure to keep some of the sauce aside for serving. I need to make a small batch since I forgot to do that. DOH!




**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns 

No comments:

Post a Comment