Monday, May 4, 2015

Wedding

Our Daily Bread
I am always amazed by all the metaphors in the Bible. One of the most confusing to me is the wedding metaphor. The Church is the bride of Christ. I still don't get it even though I have heard numerous sermons on the topic.

I thought this story was very appropriate at this time in history when the U.S. Supreme Court is reviewing the cases about same sex marriage. Will it be legal in all the U.S. states and territories?

Marriage is complicated, regardless of the metaphor!

Movie Monday
I saw the new Avengers: The Age of Ultron movie on Friday after work. The review were mixed, but I really don't put a whole lot of stock in the reviews any way!

Overall, I thought it was good. I didn't like it as much as some of my friends who thought it was "awesomespectacular". I thought it was a little long and labored. At one point, I actually looked at my watch to see how much longer it would be! Yikes!

It is definitely worth seeing at the movies for the special effects on the BIG screen. I give this one three bear paws.

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns 

No comments:

Post a Comment