Monday, January 10, 2011

Absolutely no clue...

Our Daily Bread
You might remember me mentioning a Thomas Merton prayer in my postings. It has meant a lot to me the past few months since it was given to me in my D2 class. I usually pray it twice a day. Sooooooo God reinforces that prayer in my life over and over again. Today is a great example. I am such a tender-hearted bear, it made me cry a little this morning as God answered a question from my morning prayers with this devotion!

Here is a quote from the devotion: "You don’t need to know where you’re going
if you know God is leading." Wow! The problem is -- I really, really want to know! hehehe I want to know when my eyes will be OK again. I want to know when I will meet the man I will spend the rest of my life with. I want to know when I will get to build the home of my dreams. I want to know how long I will live. blah, blah, blah. All of those questions are clanging bells that muddle my thoughts of trusting God completely.

I have been through a lot the past few years. For each trial, there has been at least two blessings in return. I can do nothing but praise God for all he has done for me.

Lord, please help me "see" what you have done for me and praise you for everything!

Movie Monday
I saw two movies on DVD this weekend. Jesus of Montreal and Is it just me?

Jesus of Montreal
This is a movie with a story in a story. It is about a group of actors that were asked to freshen up the story of Jesus at a Catholic shrine in Montreal. There is the actualy story they are teling, which was done extremely well. There is also symbolism in each of them and their own stories surrounding their lives. It is very; cool. It is in subtitles, so be prepared for lots of reading. That was a little tough for me with my current eye issues. I give it 3 bear paws.

Is it just me?
This is a gay film about a love-lorn writer looking for the man of his dreams. He is an "old-fashioned gay" that doesn't seem to fit into the California gay lifestyle. When he actually meets a great guy online, he realizes that he is signed on as his hot roommate instead of his own profile. There are lots of interesting lines and awkward situations and humor. You will have to see it yourself for the ending. ;-) I give it 2 bear paws.

Other Stuff
I feel better about things today. I had some prayer time to work things out with God yesterday and this morning. I think I was worn down a little by all the things that happened the past two weeks. I will have faith (see the statement above about God leading). ;-)

I ordered my Schwinn recumbent bike last night. My doctor recommended some kind of bike instead of a treadmill to minimize impact on my feet, ankles and knees. I will see how it goes. I have ridden them at the gym many times and usually get a good workout for my legs. I need to work on upper body as well. I like using the elliptical machines, but a good home machine is very expensive in my opinion.

I had an afternoon of "me" time yesterday. I spent most of my time with friends last week. I needed to get some stuff done around the house and work on my D2 readings. I finished the D2 readings. I plan to review them in more depth tonight and tomorrow night.

The cloudiness in my left eye varies greatly at times. Sometimes cloudy. Sometimes chocolate swirls. Sometimes lots of both. ;-( I go back to the doctor on Wednesday for another checkup.

Hang in there, my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment