Thursday, January 6, 2011

Share and share alike

Our Daily Bread
Do you remember how you learned to share when you were a child? "It is nice to share" "Don't be selfish, share your toys" We learned more about it when we started school as well. Sharing the sand box or the swing or even our lunch at times.

As adults and as children of God, sharing is still a requirement! ;-) We often make excuses about not having time for this or that. For many of us, sharing of our time is a precious gift. It is easy to write a check to share our resources. It is more of a commitment to share our time. Visit a friend in the hospital. Support a friend who is down. Call the lonely. Sharing of ourselves and our faith is a requirement!

Lord, I want to share you love with others. Please help me do so!

Technology Thursday
I have been playing with watching content from the Internet this week. I canceled my cable and phone server from ATT. I kept my fast Internet access, which is awesome! I wrote about replacing my phone service with MagicJack last week. There are some limitations, but it seems to be working great for me so far. I am really enjoying the money I am saving!

As far as TV, I hooked up my laptop to my flat panel TV last night to see if I could watch a ball game on espn3.com or an episode of Warehouse 13 from the scify.com site. My laptop has an HDMI port so I connected that to my TV. The picture quality was acceptable, but was not the excellent HD experience I had with Uverse cable. I still need to figure out how to get the sound flowing through my TV or stereo correctly. I will figure that out this weekend.

The bottom line is that I am saving over $85 per month by getting the small amount of TV content I want to watch using equipment I already own. Very cool! I am also attaching a bluetooth mouse and keyboard so I can control the laptop from my couch as well! Woohoooo! I am such a geek! hehehe

Other Stuff
My left eye is trying to clear up a little, but is still very cloudy. I do not see any new blood, which is great. I am being very careful with lifting and with straining of any kind. Heavy sigh. I will take it easy as best as I can. I have my house keeper visiting this weekend so I don't overdo it cleaning my house.

Hang in there, my friends! I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment