Monday, January 24, 2011

Crazy weekend...

What a crazy weekend!  I worked my butt off!  After working all Friday night, I went back to the office at 12:45 Saturday afternoon.  I didn't leave the office again until 8:45 Sunday night!  Yikes!  I worked about 29 out of those 32 hours trying to make my big project successful.  After many issues, we finally got it working the way we wanted.  Woohoooo!  It was worth the effort.  This is one big "DONE!" I can rest on.  Whew!  I want to thank God for the strength to make it through this weekend.  I was sick and tired.

Our Daily Bread
The devotional today is about idols.  I thought it was interesting that they mentioned how the US culture seems to lift up individuals as idols for worship!  The devotional warns us that Christians are not immune to this!

As I was listening to the local contemporary Christian radio station one morning, I was surprised to hear them make a big deal about the TV show American Idol.  Being the shy person I am, I called in to ask them why.  They were very surprised that someone was questioning their coverage of a popular TV show.  I mentioned something similar to what the devotional said "As Christians, should we really be promoting a show that raises up individuals as idols?"  The appreciated my opinion and continued on with their coverage!  Oh well.

In summary, ANYTHING that takes God's rightful place in your life.  For me, different things can creep up as a potential idol at times like my job, my stuff, or finding a relationship.

Lord, I want to put you first in my life.  Like the old song says "Not gonna bow to your idols (Satan)"!  

Movie Monday
As you read above, I had a horribly busy weekend.  No time for movies!  I will relax and take in a movie or two this week.

Other Stuff
I HATED to miss my dinner group last night!  Crap!  I didn't get off work until 8:45.  OH well.  I will see the gang next month.

I downloaded my W2 this morning.  I think I have all of my tax stuff now.  I will try to do my taxes before I leave on my business trip on Sunday.

The basement is almost done!  Woohoooo!  The tile is set and grouted.  The contractor is going to put up the trip and finish the cleanup today.  Woohoooo!  I am well on my way to my dream of a home theater!

Hang in there my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment