Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Therefore by the grace of God go I...

Our Daily Bread
The title of today's posting is a saying that I was taught many years ago. It means that it is only by the grace of God that you are not in the same predicament of the person you are saying it about! It could be a homeless person. It could be a criminal. It could be a disgraced public personality. It could happen to you in some circumstances.

Paul warns to not judge the sins of other. We are to take care of our own house and let God work in the lives of others. That doesn't mean that we can't have an "intervention" sometimes if God leads us to do so. I am thankful that I had friends bring things to my attention even though it hurt. I knew that they had the best of intentions and wanted the best for me. They were supportive, not judgmental.

God wants to lead us out of our lives of sin and death into his holy life on this earth and ever after. What better way to live our lives?

Lord, thank you for showing us the way to a fulfilled life in you!

Lifestyle Change Wednesday
I decided to have a better attitude about Wednesdays! I am going to write about how I am changing my lifestyle to accommodate my goals to eat healthier and be at a healthier weight. I will still report the current weight, but will not focus on the negative!

Current weight is: 272.0 (back to where I started)

What I did well this week:
I ate much better several days this week. I am happy with that. I will keep trying to be more consistent with the better eating habits.

What I didn't do well this week:
I had several large meals with lots of carbs that needed lots of insulin. That means weight gain for me. My blood sugar levels have been fine, however, taking more insulin usually means I will gain weight. That is not good. I need to have more balance and fewer carbs.

Other Stuff
I am sick... Blah... My cold has blown up all to heck. I had a fever of 101 last night. I went to bed early after taking some Tylenol PM and NyQuil. I feel a little better this morning, but the coughing is getting to me. I need to go to the office to get some things done. I may come home early to rest if I can. I may miss the D2 class. Blah...

Hang in there my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment