Friday, January 21, 2011

Never did like to vacuum...

Our Daily Bread
Silly joke since the devotional today is about nature abhorring a vacuum!  We are obviously talking about to very different things!

I like the point of this devotional.  If we work hard and have faith enough to remove some sin from our lives, we need to fill it with the love of God and the Holy Spirit.  I read the story of the demon possession from Luke again last week.  It said that if a demon finds a clean house, meaning one that God has cleaned up, that the demon will come back stronger and bring a bunch of his friends!  Yikes!

What do we fill our lives with?  Here is a passage that I love:

Philippians 4:8 (KJV)
 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

That is filler material if I ever read it!

Lord, I want to remove the sin from my life and fill the void with things you told us are right!  

Foodie Friday
I make chicken and boneless port ribs with this simple recipe. I hope you enjoy!

Ingredients
1 pound boneless chicken breast or boneless pork ribs
Poultry/pork seasoning (I use the Penzey's brand)
Your favorite BBQ sauce. ( I use Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken or pork in a prepared baking pan (metal or glass). By prepared, I mean spraying it with Pam or something like that to prevent sticking. Sprinkle a small amount of the poultry seasoning on the meat. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for about 60 minutes. The center of the meat should be at least 165 degrees with a meat thermometer. Uncover. Drain liquids. Cover with the BBQ sauce and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes. Serve with your favorite sides and extra BBQ sauce!

Other stuff
Here are pictures of the new light fixture in my breakfast room and the chandelier that was relocated from the breakfast room to the dining room. I love it!



God moves in such mysterious ways! Can any of us really understand? I can't. ;-p I will do my best to trust and obey. A life that is not ordinary isn't always comfortable, but it is exciting!  I had some time to think this evening on a very slow drive home.  I finally realized that God is answering my prayers.  Praise God!  By "answer", I do not mean to imply that I get everything I ask for.  I get what I need when I need it.  

Hang in there my friends! I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment