Thursday, January 20, 2011

Love and fear?

Our Daily Bread
I thank God that the Disciple 2 class has helped me understand this concept more than ever. As children of God, we go back and forth debating whether we have a God of Love or a God of Fear. I finally understand now how it needs to be for me.

I fear God for who he is. The ultimate, almighty God of the universe (or universes!). Wow! And God wants to have a personal relationship with me! wow!

I love God because he first loved me. Wow!

As humans, we have several feelings going on when we obey. We obey because we know it is expected of us. We obey because we are afraid of the consequences. We obey because we love the person who set down the rules. We obey because we know it is the best thing for us. It is like the maturation of a human child through the teenage years, then on to the love and obedience of an adult. We understand why we do the things we do. How does God speak to you in your life?

Lord, I want to love and obey you because of who you are and because you first loved me!

Technology Thursday
We enjoyed a new TV at church last night. It was a 32" flat panel with a built in DVD player. Very cool. The remote had the integrated controls for the DVD player. It was pretty easy to use. These units are usually best for bedrooms or media carts where a separate DVD player is not practical! Very cool! They are also coming down in price like all the other flat panel TVs. The downside is you have to buy a new unit if the DVD player goes out! You can't upgrade just the DVD player in these units either. I think it is worth the risk.

New phones are coming out soon on all the major carriers. Very cool. I will be geeking out about those soon.

Intel released some new processors last week. They are faster and cheaper than their predecessors. Very cool!

Other Stuff
My fever broke last night. Whew! I feel better today. I hope to be 100% by this weekend when I have to work most of the time! Whew!

We had a great D2 class last night. Lots of interesting dialogue.

My left eye is a little clearer this morning.

I am making progress in my first goal for 2011. Praise God!

My basement should be done this week. Woohooo! He is going to lay tile today, then grout tomorrow. I am excited! I will add other features like the projector and paint the screen when I get the time and money. Furniture will happen as well. ;-)

Hang in there, my friends! I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do....

No comments:

Post a Comment