Friday, January 14, 2011

Another bull's eye...

Our Daily Bread
I get tired of all the cliches that people tell you when you are going through a difficult time. I try not to say them to my friends when they are going through a rough time. A very cool example happened last week. A close friend lost his job. I sent him an email ending with ", you are my beloved child in whom I am well-pleased". He was touched by that. The best part is that our minister preached about saying this to our friends and family at church on Sunday! Wow! I reminded my friend after church that at least one person received that encouragement last week! Praise God!

As God is taking me down a new road, devotionals like the one today mean more and more to me. Sure, some things may not work out the way we want - job, relationship, new car, trip, etc. We never know how those situations might be a blessing in disguise. It is hard to tell at the time. Hindsight can often provide the view we need to have strength for the future.

One example happened to my aunt. She was scheduled to fly back to the US on a specific day and flight. She was delayed and had to take a later flight. The flight she missed was bombed by a terrorist and everyone on board was killed! Wow!

In summary, God knows what is best for us, in his time, not ours. It is difficult to be patient. It is difficult to see through the loneliness and pain at times. Remember the times that
God has been there for you in the past. Have faith that will be there for you now and in the future. His love is faithful and sure.

Lord, thank you for your everlasting love. Please help me have faith through all circumstances.

Foodie Friday
I have to quick and easy recipes this week: sort of like home made Chex mix and a quick and tasty con queso dip for parties or any time!

Chorizo con queso
1 lb chorizo sausauge (preferably ground instead of links)
2 large jars of Frito Lay medium con queso dip

Brown the chorizo sausage. Drain well and pat dry. Mix with the con queso dip and warm up in a crock pot on low or warm, stirring occasionally. I usually serve this with Dips tortilla chips or regular tortilla chips. Mmmmm!

Chex mix express
1 bag of chex mix premade (large bag or small bag)
1 small bag of peanuts
1 small bag of cashews
2 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt

Melt the butter in a microwavable pan like a glass 9X13 pan. Mix in the Worcestershire and salt. Add the Chex mix and nuts. Toss gently. Microwave for 30 seconds. Toss again to get the coating evenly on each piece. Microwave for another 30 seconds. Eat immediately while it is still warm! FYI, I usually pick out the nasty brown thingys! hehehe

Other Stuff
Had a very busy and stressful week at work. Had a stressful week personally. At the end of the week, I continue to be upbeat and steady. I will continue to thank God for each new day so I can live as a conqueror for him. Thank you, God, and praise you for answering prayers. You know what is best for me. I want to have faith and follow the road before me. I have no frickin' clue where it is going! A life that is not ordinary can be like the TV show The Amazing Race! hehehe

My eye is cloudy tonight. I am relaxing tonight and tomorrow morning. I am going to help out some friends tomorrow afternoon (no lifting will be involved). I am so fortunate to have close friends. Thank you, God.

Hang in there, my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...



No comments:

Post a Comment