Monday, January 3, 2011

Sorry for my absence over the weekend...

I spent most of the past two days with friends celebrating the new year. We had a great time. Sorry I didn't update my blog over the weekend. It is a brand new year! What does God have in store for you?

I talked to an acquaintance recently about having a personal relationship with God. In his reality, the only people that had a personal relationship with God were people like Abraham, Moses, the apostles and maybe a few current day folks. I told him that I felt like everyone who was willing to humble themselves and ask for forgiveness from sins could have a personal relationship with God. What do you think? Talk amongst yourselves... hehehe

The story about Hannah touched my heart. We each have deep desires. God knows those desires. Are we willing to ask God to fulfill those desires? Are we willing to give everything over to God to trust him completely? That is my prayer this year. I want to give some things to God that I keep messing up on my own!

Lord, please know the desires of my heart and lead me where you want me to be to fulfill those desires!

Movie Monday
I didn't get a chance to go to the movies this week, but I did watch two movies on DVD. I reviewed Easy A a few months ago. The other movie was Ninja Assassin. OOOooooooo!

Ninja Assassin is not for the weak of heart or folks who have a weak stomach! It is very gory. The fight scenes are very over the top. It is very exciting to watch. There are also some tender moments in the movie as well. If you like martial arts, you will love watching this movie. I give it 2 bear paws. It is worth buying on DVD for the better sounds and better picture in the low light scenes.

Other Stuff
As I mentioned above, I spend most of the past two days with friends celebrating the new year. I should also say recovering from celebrating the new year! I feel like my party was a success. We had about 28 people attending during the course of the evening with 12 staying past midnight. We had a nice time. There was a ton of food and drink, too. Good times!

I spent Sunday afternoon hanging out with Fly bear. We usually have a nice time when we get together. We discussed some things we want to do during 2011 (like not spend as much on meals!).

I finished most of my chores this morning without irritating my left eye. The cloudiness comes and goes. I can drive, but I will minimize that as much as possible. I spent part of the morning working getting refunds and submitting insurance papers for travel refunds. I will see how that goes.

It is a new year, my friends. Make it the best year ever. I will be upbeat and steady this year. It is what I do....

No comments:

Post a Comment