Saturday, January 15, 2011

Unstuck...

Our Daily Bread
Ever get stuck in the same old rut? It could be anything really. Going to the same places to eat. Watching the same old TV shows. Hanging out with the same old friends. Watching the same old movies over and over. A rut. You are stuck.

We can get this way in our personal relationships as well -- our relationship with God and maybe even a personal relationship that you want to move forward. In our personal relationships, we can go for weeks, months or even years trying the same approach to making the relationship move forward. A definition of insanity is: repeating the same action over and over and expecting a different result! There are times we need to reevaluate where we are. We need to change our approach or our attitudes toward the relationship. It is a good thing. It is a healthy thing. It can free you up to allow God to meet the desires of your heart. Wow...

Our relationship with God is similar. We get into a rut with going to church, maybe doing a little Bible study, giving money to good causes, and being a nice person. Those are all good things. Sometimes God calls us to do more because we can handle more. A favorite phrase of mine is: "To those he has given much, much will be required of them". Double wow! Have you been given much? I know I have.

Lord, help me do all that is required of me...and more. I love you!

Simply Saturday
It was a wild week for duanebear (my nickname). Work was crazy trying to get ready for my big upgrade project (again). We finally decided on Friday that we are a "go" for next Friday. That set some things in motion for me. I had to cancel my eye surgery for 1/18. I will reschedule in a few weeks for a time after my Orlando trip. Whew...

God is getting me "unstuck" from some ruts in my personal relationships. It is stressful and somewhat painful for me, but I can see how God wants me to move forward to the things he has for me. I am so thankful. I am also thankful for all the things I learned about myself the past three years. God used these relationships in so many ways. I have become close with some wonderful men that I hope to have in my life til the very end. I am so blessed.

So what is next for duanebear? Does it matter? What does it matter where the road goes as long as God is leading? The most important thing for me is to put God first - ahead of any potential (or actual) romantic relationship or job or cause or personal preference.
The rest will fall into place.

Other Stuff
My left eye is acting up this morning. I will rest today. I did a little bit around the house today. I may have over done it. ;-( My eye can act up if I forget about NOT bending over to pick up something just one time. I am too butch to be this delicate! hehehe It will be fine. I have faith.

Going to spend time helping some friends this afternoon and then relaxing. There will be no lifting involved! hehehe I am looking forward to it.

A close friend helped me assemble my recumbent bike. I am going to ride it this morning before I take a shower. I want to ride it 3 - 6 times per week to get into shape for a 1/2 marathon walk with a buddy. Should be a good deal.

I have a contractor visiting this morning to start working on my basement remodeling. He is giving me a great deal. He will also move my chandelier from my breakfast room to my dining room. I am looking forward to having that done. I will post some pictures after it is all done.

Hang in there, my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment