Friday, January 28, 2011

Crazy week, too!

Sorry I haven't written much this week.  The past ten days have been brutal.  I had the cold/flu with a fever, but couldn't take off work.  I worked about 70 hours this week performing the upgrade and the post-upgrade support.  On the bright side, I got a lot out of my D2 class this week.  I also spent time with a special friend going through a tough time.

I fly to Orlando on Sunday for a work conference.  I am staying a few extra days to park hop.  I am excited about going to the Harry Potter section at Universal!  Woohoooo!

Please remember me in your prayers.  I will have the serious eye surgery on my left eye on February 8.  God has promised healing.  There are some things I need to do for that to happen.  Thank God for his grace and mercy.  I also thank God for my friends and family who are supporting me through this opportunity for faith.

Our Daily Bread
God can use anything to shake up our lives.  The most dramatic is an earthquake!  I felt some tremors once, but I have never been through a quake.  The tremors are scary enough!

It is through these earthquakes, or should I call them lifequakes, that we learn to do one of two things: trust God more deeply than ever or dive into self-pity and fear.  What do you choose?

Life is too short and too precious for self-pity and fear.  Choose faith, no matter how difficult the road or how hopeless it seems.  God is there.  He cares.

Abba, thank you for caring and loving me (and everyone else too!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment