Tuesday, January 18, 2011

An open book....

Our Daily Bread
I was fortunate to have co-authored a technical book about eight years ago. I know what it is like to struggle with what words to say so that people are clear about the topic and the instructions are easy to follow.

The devotional today talks about this concept except the "book" is our lives. We are authoring the open book of our lives each and every day. Our friends, neighbors and even strangers are reading it as it unfolds. What are they reading? Is your life book one of those trashy books or tabloids we see at the grocery store or does your life book reflect Jesus? I think mine is a horror story at times! Sometimes it is Black Swan material! hehehe Just kidding.

Lord, let the open book of my life reflect your love and peace.

Disciple Two-sday
We had two great chapters this week - The Way and the Kingdom. Read through Luke and make notes about how he writes about the kingdom of God and the way of the Lord (being a child of God). It is amazing!

Other Stuff
My eye is clearing up a little. I will keep plugging along.

Very busy this week at work. Not sure how much time I will have to spend time with friends. I have enjoyed spending time with my special friends the past two weeks. It has meant a lot to me. ;-)

For example, I had lunch with my hero yesterday at a Korean BBQ place. I ate sushi and tofu (and some pad thai for good measure!). My walking buddy and her husband had me over for supper last night. We uploaded the house video to Youtube.com during the course of the evening. It turned out pretty good considering we are amateurs! I hope my buddy sells his house!

My light fixtures are up in the breakfast room and dining room. Woohooo! I will post pictures tomorrow. The basement should be completed by week's end. Double Woohoooo! ;-) I might have a home theater in place in the basement in the next few months. Triple woohoooo!

Life is good. I hope yours is too!

Hang in there, my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment