Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Quiet, confident joy

Our Daily Bread
I have admired St Francis of Assisi since I sang his prayer set to music when I was in college. He was a brilliant and insightful man of God.

I like the last section of the devotional: The way of joy is to love the Lord with all our heart, soul, and mind. Jesus told us that was the greatest commandment. He didn't really mention the effect that living the greatest commandment would have on our lives. The way to joy is to love God with everything you have. Happiness is one thing. It is fleeting. Joy is deeper than happiness. It permeates every part of your life!

Lord, I want the joy that loving you can give me!

Disciple Two-sday
I plan to start reading next week's lesson this evening. I am excited about the last 8 weeks or so of class as we study Luke and Acts!

Other Stuff
I had a busy day yesterday with chores and errands. I was off work for our New Years Day holiday, so I took full advantage of it. Lots of changes to save some money and better use my resources. ;-) I will make some more this week, like program my thermostat to turn the heat down during the day. That will save 10 - 20% on my heat bill. ;-)

My left eye is trying to clear up. I can see more out of it today. I am being very, very careful with my activities.

Hang in there, my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment