Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It is so easy...

Our Daily Bread
One of the most touching moments I have had since attending King Avenue UMC the past few years was a conversation I had after morning blend one Sunday. A couple I had never met came up to me and asked how my eyes were doing. I was a little surprised, but told them what was going on. They told me they were on a prayer team at church and had been lifting up my concerns in their prayers. Later I found out that one of them had similar problems a few years before, but did not recover nearly as well as I had. I felt so blessed that they were praying for me, though unaware, and that they did so unselfishly! I decided that day I needed to pray more!

It is so easy to lift yourself up when you start to pray more. You want others to know. You have a tendency to pray selfishly at first. It can be confusing to pray at times because there are so many schools of thought about prayer. I will write up notes that help me with prayer. I will post them here in the next week or so. I hope they help you in your prayer life.

Teach me to pray, Lord, teach me to pray. Thou art the potter. I am the clay.

Weight Loss Wednesday
I am eating better. I am exercising more. I will exercise even more after I assemble my recumbent bike. I ordered it on Sunday and it arrived last night! Wow! I need help getting it down to the basement (since I am not allowed to lift). I have some friends coming over this week to help me. I hope to be riding away by this weekend!

I weighed in at 267.6 this morning. Woohoooo! That is 4.4 pounds lost so far. I will keep working on it. I can do this... ;-)

Other Stuff
Last night was much busier than I planned. I got off work late due to a conference call going long. I stopped by Giant Eagle to pick up a few things. I had some phone calls to return. I worked on my aunt's computer (made great progress there!). I also talked with a new friend. He is a guy that God led to my door while shoveling snow to earn some money. I invited him in for coffee to warm up and we talked. I am going to talk to him more on Thursday about doing some work for me around the house. He is struggling right now. I like to help hard working folks who are down on their luck. God has blessed me that way.

My ex called me to let me know his uncle passed away. He was a dear man even though he was a Republican. hehehe He would have been 90 years old if he had lived to the end of the month. I am sending his aunt a card today. I will not be able to make the funeral tomorrow. Uncle G always treated me like the rest of the family even though he didn't really approve of my relationship with the ex (a homosexual relationship...). That was very sweet.

My eye is a little cloudy and a little swirly this morning. I am nervous about the doctor appointment at 10:00 am. It would be a relief to decide on doing the physical surgery (which is serious stuff), but that surgery also means a whole new adventure like I had with my right eye (cataract surgery will probably be needed by year end). I will post the decision here tomorrow. I have things at work that I need to schedule around. ;-p

Life is good. I am so blessed with close friends and my church. Praise God!

Hang in there, my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment