Monday, January 17, 2011

Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet...

Our Daily Bread
...and a light unto my path... I have sung that song many times in my life. I appreciate the setting that Amy Grant did many years ago!

God is still using the metaphor of a road with me. I guess I might be understanding it a little bit now! hehehe The devotional this morning hit home for a few reasons. First, the Word of God is our headlight during the dark times. I can testify to that as God has spoken to me in so many ways during the Disciple 2 class the past few months. I have had several ups and downs with my health and my relationships. God's Word has comforted and inspired me.

Second, God's Word assures us that the road before us is our best option. Yes, we all have options in our lives. Will we trust God to lead us with the headlights of his Word or will we fumble around in darkness on our own? That is a question that each of us has to answer.

Lastly, trusting in God's Word helps us keep the best attitude in life -- one without bitterness and hate. Have you met someone who constantly rides on the Betty Bitter Bus? hehehe Life is too short to live that way.

Yes, the road before us can be dark. God's Word is a light unto our feet and a light unto our path. Praise God!

Lord, thank you for illumination!

Movie Monday
I didn't make it to the movies this weekend. I had time to watch a Bluray DVD last night -- Bangkok Dangerous. It stars Nicholas Cage.

Cage plays an assassin who plans to end his career after four lucrative jobs in Bangkok. He realizes he has a very dangerous career. He knows it is time to get out. Not everything goes as planned in this action thriller. It is really not a thrilling as it could be, but it has some nice scenes. It is violent, so don't watch it if you are faint of heart. There is also a touching love story in the movie that makes Cage realize there is more to life than killing. I give this movie 1 star.

Other Stuff
My left eye is feeling better today. I can see better out of it. I guess the resting yesterday afternoon and evening helped.

My contractor will be back this morning to get more work done. The electrician is supposed to work on my lights today. Woohooo! The contractor will fix the wall where he removed the closet and prepare the basement floor for the new tile. Very cool. He plans to have it done by the end of the week.

I am off work today. I am looking forward to lunch with my hero and supper with my walking buddy.

Lastly, I want to thank God today for help getting unstuck. I am trusting God to help me move forward my life.

I have my big upgrade project this weekend. Whew!

Hang in there, my friends! I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment