Thursday, January 13, 2011

More than conquerors...

Our Daily Bread
The events of the past few weeks got to me last night. I was more than a little upset. When I called a close friend, he could tell from my few words of greeting that something wasn't right. I am thankful that I have close friends that listen to me and offer words of encouragement through these times. I am very, very thankful...

So this leads into the devotional for today. My favorite verse from the scripture is romans 8:37: "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us" I have been using something like this in my morning prayer time asking God to help me be a conqueror today, not just a survivor! How about you? Are you just trying to make it through the day or are you going to be a conqueror today?

Expect more of yourself. Trust God more. That is what I do...

Lord, I want to be conqueror today through the power of your love and grace. Thank you and praise you!

Technology Thursday
I didn't have time to play with the Internet TV content this week. I spent time with friends and doing stuff in my office. I had to rebuild Windows 7 on my aunt's desktop. Not sure what repercussions that will cause. I will find out when I take the computer back. ;-p

If you have been living in a cave, you might have missed Verizon's announcement that iPhone4 will be available on their network in February. That is nice, but iPhone4 doesn't support their 4G network. ;-( The bar has been raised for phones since most of the major carriers now have 4G networks in select areas of the country. I am waiting for a dual-core processor Android phone that supports 4G networks. That is unless iPhone 4 Next has that configuration. ;-) I love my iPhone, but the technology is officially lagging behind the Android phones at this point. ATT is lagging behind the other carriers with their 4G/LTE network. Not good!

Other Stuff
My doctor and I decided to do the serious eye surgery. The blood inside my eye is not clearing up as it should. It has been in there for about a year now. I have been acting like a china doll the past few weeks to it would bleed any more. I am checking my schedule at work to determine when I can schedule the surgery. It may be as early as Jan 18 or as late as Feb 8 depending on the schedule for my big project. I will post the decision here as soon as I know. I am nervous about it because of the chain of events this surgery will kick off. I will have faith and stay upbeat.

We had a great D2 class last night. The discussions about prayer were great. We talked about it most of the class time. We didn't talk much about the rejection chapter.

I have a three day weekend coming up. I need that. ;-)

Hang in there, my friends. I will remain upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment