Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Our Daily Bread
"Because God is in control, we have nothing to fear" I love that statement! It is so easy during times of trial and doubt to forget that God IS in control. He allows things to happen to us because we are not robots. We are his children that can learn and grow through good times and bad times.

We have nothing to fear. Nothing. ;-)

Lord, help us remember we have nothing to fear! You have it all under control.

Weight Loss Wednesday
I weighed in at 270 this morning. That is two pounds down from my starting weight of 272. I made the commitment to eat better and exercise more in 2011. I can do this! The goal is to lose 72 pounds this year. One of my goals is to walk a half marathon with a buddy from church. I will let you know how that goes. ;-)

Other Stuff
Lots going on during this new year. A friend lost his job yesterday. Another close friend is in the hospital with a serious condition. Other folks are struggling with existing issues. Let's pray for all of our friends and families. Let's be there for them the best we can.

My eye hasn't improved any today. It was getting clearer the past few days. I will continue to be careful and not exert myself to rigorously. I am too butch to be this delicate... hehehe

Hang in there, my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. Not only for me, but for my friends as well. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment