Saturday, January 22, 2011

Each person is a VIP...

Our Daily Bread
I know it is difficult to reach to people that are different than we are.  We try to dress nice for church only to have someone that hasn't taken a bath for a week sit next to us.  Their smell interferes with my expensive cologne!  Just kidding!

It really isn't that difficult to love and accept others if we remember how we want to be treated.  It is that simple. I was fortunate enough to extend a Christian hand of help to a new friend that was down on his luck.  I felt odd because God was telling me to trust this person.  I did.  God has shown me something there.  Being safe, secure, and guarded is not the way live your life.  God takes us outside our comfort zone in order to help us grow.  To help us be more like Jesus.  Wow!

Lord, I want to trust you and follow your leadership in all my ways.  Please help me do that!

Simply (Working) Saturday
Well, my big upgrade project is going well.  We were about 3 hours ahead of schedule when we hit our first big snag.  It took us about 2 hours to figure it out.  We are still a little ahead of schedule, so we will see how things go when we reconvene at 1:00 pm.  Whew!  I am very thankful for God's strength throughout the night.  I am still very sick with the cough and flu and cold crap.  I felt like I was going to pass out at one point last night.  I feel a little better after a few hours sleep this morning.  I hope to finish ahead of schedule so I can go back to bed!  ;-)  Tomorrow will be full of sleep, church and dinner group activities!

My eye is holding up OK during the stress.  Still cloudy and swirly today.

It is COLD here!  I have more degrees than the thermometer is showing this morning!  Yikes!  It is supposed to warm up in the next few days.  I hate to think of the homeless folks that are out in the cold.

Hang in there, my friends.  Stay warm!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment