Friday, October 12, 2012

A working church

Our Daily Bread
I was asked to give a testimony at my new church next week.  I am supposed to talk briefly about why I chose St Johns and why I give to St Johns.  I have a joke or two about why I picked St Johns, but the main reason I stayed is that it is a working church like the devotional mentions today.

A working church is one that worships and serves The Lord.  It seems so simple to define, but difficult to find.  Many churches just go through the motions.  At best, they give morphine sermons to people to help them deal with their pain, but never help them truly heal from the wounds.  That is what my old church was like.

As one friend told me long ago: don't try to find the perfect church.  As soon as you attend it, it won't be perfect any more!  ha!

Lord, please help us find and contribute to a working church -- for your glory!

Foodie Friday
International Food and Wine Festival
I was in foodie heaven yesterday -- the International Food and Wine Festival at Epcot!  The festival runs for about six weeks in the Fall.  There are booths for most of the countries and a few extra booths as well for countries or areas that don't have a village at Epcot.  The food and wine samples range from about $3.00 to about 7.50 or so.  They recommend a wine to accompany each food sample, too.  Very cool!

I didn't eat a whole lot, but I tried a few countries.  Canada had a filet sample with mushrooms and truffle sauce.  Japan had a hand rolle with spicy chicken that was great.  Germany had a potato, ham and cheese dish that was wonderful.  We also tried some treats from France and Italy like gelato and chocolate mousse.  Yum!  If you ever get a chance to experience this festival, I highly recommend.  AND, do not eat lunch before you go!  ha!

**************************
Let go, my friends!    God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment