Monday, October 15, 2012

Victory over death

Our Daily Bread
I think a lot about victory over death.  I have been fortunate to spend time with several friends and family before their last breaths.  It is a humbling experience to say the least.  I was so moved to see the peace in their faces before meeting their Maker!  What confidence!

I agree with the statement in the devotional: “I’m not afraid of death because I’m confident that I’m going to heaven; it’s the dying process that scares me!”  I admit that I am afraid of the dying process.  I have always been a sickly person, so I have no idea what new or existing condition will finally take me home!  ;-p  Regardless of what happens, I know I will not be alone in my last struggles and I know I where I will be going after death!  How about you?

Lord, thank you for peace and confidence in this life...and in the passing to the next!

Movie Monday
Since I was on vacation, I got to see two movies last week!  Woohooo!  I saw Frankenweenie and Argo.

Frankenweenie
This Tim Burton film is very typical for him -- spooky and cool!  It is the story of a boy who uses Frankenstein-type methods to bring his beloved dog back to life.  There are lots of funny things that come out of this, especially when his friends think he will use the project to win the school science fair!  The characters are cool and spooky, too.

I give this two bear paws.  You can rent it.  No need to see it in the theater.

Argo
Argo is based on the true story of the rescue of six Americans after the invasion of the American embassy in Iran.  I found the story line to be fascinating.  I found the presentation in the movie even more fascinating.  I knew what was going to happen, but still got caught up in it all.  Great acting.  Great story.  What else can you ask for.

I give this movie three bear paws.  You can rent it unless you have to see it today!

********************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment