Saturday, October 13, 2012

Gobbled

Our Daily Bread
I had one of the funniest experiences with a friend the other night.  As we were driving along, he SWORE that he saw some large birds that looked like turkeys around the lake.  I was like "Uh, there are no turkey birds in this area.  Are you sure that is what you saw?"  The rest of the evening and the following days were full of teasing about the turkey bird gangs that had taken over the lake.  Yikes!  ha!

As silly as that story sounds, Jesus told a parable with birds.  When the sower throws out seed for the fields, some can be left exposed and easily eaten by the birds in the area.  I don't think they were turkey birds.  Jesus wasn't specific!  hahaha!  Whatever kind of bird, the seeds that represent the Gospel are stolen from the ground before the Gospel can take root and grow.  As sowers, we need to be faithful in sowing the seeds of the Gospel, watering them and bringing the harvest for our Lord!

Thank you, Lord, for the gift of the Gospel of Christ.  Please help us sow and harvest!

Simply Saturday
Who can you count on?
I had a great week of vacation with my best friend at my new time share in Orlando.  Leaving this morning made me think "who can I really count on?".  I have a handful of friends that I think I can really count on, with my best friend being the first in line.  When thinking of these people, remember a few things:
1. Be thankful for them.
2. Reassure them you will always be there for them.
3. Never have regrets for the folks that you wish were there for you and aren't.  That is easy to do and difficult to get over.

Think about who you can count on.  Think about the people that know they can count on you.

************************
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit - Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment