Monday, October 22, 2012

Send a thank you note

Our Daily Bread
I don't know about you, but I am not very good at writing thank you notes.  I mean to because I am thankful for each and every gift I receive from friends or family. I am not sure if it is lack of discipline or just lazy!

We can be that way as Christians.  We can be undisciplined or just lazy when it comes to thanking God for everything in our lives.  I mean everything.  Both the good and the bad make us what we are.  How much we turn things over to God during the bad times make us who we are.  Not getting arrogant when things are going well is also important.

Do we have thankful hearts?  Do we thank God for each and every thing in our lives?

Lord, thank you for everything in my life.  Every thing.

Movie Monday
I got to see two movies last week: End of Watch and Pitch Perfect.  They had both been out for a few weeks.  I hadn't taken the time to view them.

End of Watch
End of Watch, IMHO, is a contemporary cop movie classic.  The action and filming technique make it seem real to the viewer.  The story line is about two young patrol officers that stumble on the activity of the drug cartels in South Central LA.  It is gruesome and violent.  Do not see this movie if this kind of stuff turns you off.

I give this movie two bear paws out of four.  You can rent it.  There is no pressing reason to see it at the theater.

Pitch Perfect
OK, I am a music geek.  I like a Capella music, which is what this movie is about.  It is like Sister Act 2 or Joyful Noise mixed in with Bring it on!  The story is about a college a Capella competition that is dominated by two groups from the same college.  A male group at the top of their game.  The ladies group struggles to be competitive in a competition that seems to have left them behind.  Fun and hijinx follow as the coming of age of one of the ladies group members makes her mark on the group.  There is a little love story thrown in there as well.  Some very funny stuff.  The music is really good.

I give this two bear paws out of four.  Do not see this movie if you don't like a Capella music.  You will be bored out of your  mind.

***********************************

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit - Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment