Friday, October 26, 2012

Much debt

Our Daily Bread
I am ashamed to say that I am not always proud of my family who came from humble beginnings.  Instead of focusing on the positive things like being caring, giving people with the best of intentions, I have a tendency to be too critical.  The devotional talks about that today.

The story of Rahab was very interesting to me when I read it again last year.  I love reading the Old Testament because God uses all kinds of folks to achieve his purposes.  Rahab was a prostitute that hid the spies of Israel from her people because she knew they were from God.  She lied about it.  She was also the great-great grandmother of King David!

The bottom line of this story and of so many others in the Bible -- "He can take people with a bad reputation, transform their lives, and turn them into examples of His love and forgiveness."  Wow!  Maybe there is hope for me!  Once again, the devotional spoke to me personally this morning as God is reassuring me of his love and grace after my epiphany on Sunday.  I have been feeling the weight of my sin like a 747 airplane weighing down my heart.  I pray that God will forgive, help me forgive myself and help others forgive me.

Lord, you can use each of us if we will just let you!

Foodie Friday
I have another pot luck at church on Sunday.  I haven't thought too much about what I want to make.  I thought about the apple pumpkin streusel pie that I made for my last dinner group.  I also have a couple packages of snow peas in my freezer.  I thought about snow peas and mushrooms.  I will figure that out tonight, I guess.  I have a very busy day planned for Saturday.  Whew...

I made a cheese dip for my Bible study class on Tuesday.  I usually fry about a 1/2 pound of chorizo sausage, drain and pat dry, then mix it in a large jar of Frito Lay medium cheese dip.  This make a nice tasting dip you can serve with Scoops.  This week, I used spicy chicken sausage instead of chorizo.  It gave it a different, though pleasing, taste.  My joke is "I like my cheese dip like my men -- chunky and spicy!"  ha!

Give either one a try this weekend.  Be sure to drain and pat dry the sausage after frying.  The extra grease is sort of gross if you don't!

******************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment